Not much to report today, but I don’t want to get out of the habit of more frequent posts. The master bathroom toilet has been back to haunt me. Since we are having company this weekend, we decided to go ahead and get it fixed. We went to Beaumont, got a new tank (since my efforts before had resulted in cracking the old one) and when I tried to put it on, it did not fit. Yes, we did measure it, but it was only slightly off. Anyway, it cost another trip to Beaumont and a later night than expected. I will take another stab at it this morning.
We are attempting to pen cows with only the gator, a novice four-wheeler operator and a horse this weekend. We are toying with several ideas to make sure that we get a good shot at getting the cows into the pens. I am thinking about giving it a shot tonight. However, we may just try tomorrow morning and if it doesn’t go well, then we can try again tomorrow late afternoon. Please be in prayer for us. It’s Hot!
I also finally managed to update the Cow Manager software. We had about fifteen calves tagged and I found homes for all but 6. In other words, we have discovered with reasonable assuredness which cow 9 of these calves come from. I also have notes for which ones are not tagged. We will try to take another look today and figure out what other matches we can make before tagging some more.
I also would not mind catching up on tagging some of the other cows. This could also mean verifying that no cows have lost their tags. This shouldn’t be hard to spot. All we have to do is look for a hole in their ear.
I should have more to report after this weekend. Wish us Luck!