No job today, so I will do work around the house and some administrative stuff. I also need to put out hay, but haven’t decided whether to take it from the New Hay Field, way out there, or from the closer and easier Hay Storage Place. I will probably try to get as much as I can from the New Hay Field before shutting that operation down.
Dad is coming in today and we will make a trip to the courthouse for legal records regarding the oil well. Other than that, I am not sure what we will do. I know Dad wants to load some hay to take back to Normangee. I have a job tomorrow, so I will not be able to meet with the guy, but Dad will ask all the right questions.
Yesterday, after I got home, I tried to fix a problem with our septic system. Apparently, the hookup guy did not think it necessary to concrete over the hole that takes the intake pipe. There is a rubber diaphragm there, but it still will take on standing rainwater and make the tank level go high. Did I mention that the hook up guy was one Jason Crow? I guess that’s the price of doing it yourself, but when I think of what I might have paid a professional, I’m still glad I did it myself (with help from our ever present Belgian Cowboy). Water is collecting in a ground hole outside the intake port, so I tried pumping that out with my shopvac, but it was taking too long to drain into that hole, so I am going to try to let the leach field take the water for the next couple of days, then I will pump out the rest with a gasoline-powered pump. Tricky business, that. As nasty as the water at the top of the septic tank is the stuff below the water is worse. I would really like to avoid messing with that. I will give it until Saturday and monitor it closely.