Me and Scout

Me and Scout

30 September 2010

28 July 2010, 1845, Wednesday

Came out to Batson on Monday and met with our trim out guy.  He was very late and forgot his compressor, but we arranged that he would come back today.  This morning he called me and let me know that weather looked bad so he would be out tomorrow.  Fine.  I’ll be here.  I’m staying here tonight.  Gas is eating us up.  I met with the water engineers and the Entergy engineer and everyone knows what to do.  I expect both of these will be on next week.  Well, power may take a little longer.  What I have to do is dig a ditch from the meter by our driveway to the house.  It’s about 300 feet.  I attempted to use a plow, but it didn’t fit on the tractor and I used a maintainer blade, but it didn’t cut deep.  Of course, I could do it by hand, but time is of the essence.  Plus, I pulled or strained my stomach a little bit while manhandling the equipment today.
While I was talking to Anna she got a call from the show people.  There will be people coming to see the house tomorrow morning.  Excellent timing.  I trimmed yesterday and I have the dogs, so it certainly is a good time.  Another note.  I have to call Jim Gibson.  He is working with maladjusted kids in Liberty.  I wonder if the ranch experience could be helpful.  Finally, Grandmother said that a new book on Hardin County is in the offing.  I would love to be a part of that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment